Re: xfree86 override disparity

On Mon, Jan 26, 2004 at 09:19:26PM -0500, Debian Installer wrote:
> There are disparities between your recently accepted upload and the
> override file for the following file(s):
>
> xlibs-dbg_4.3.0-1_all.deb: package says section is oldlibs, override says libdevel.
> xlibs-dev_4.3.0-1_all.deb: package says section is oldlibs, override says libdevel.
> xlibs-dev_4.3.0-1_all.deb: package says priority is extra, override says optional.
> xlibs-pic_4.3.0-1_all.deb: package says section is oldlibs, override says libdevel.
> xlibs-pic_4.3.0-1_all.deb: package says priority is extra, override says optional.
>
> Either the package or the override file is incorrect.  If you think
> the override is correct and the package wrong please fix the package
> so that this disparity is fixed in the next upload.  If you feel the
> override is incorrect then please reply to this mail and explain why.

The package's values above are correct; as of xfree86 4.3.0-0pre1v5,
xlibs-{dbg,dev,pic} are pseudopackages:

Package: xlibs-dbg
Section: oldlibs
 This package smooths upgrades from Debian 3.0 by depending on libice6-dbg,
 libsm6-dbg, libx11-6-dbg, libxext6-dbg, libxft1-dbg, libxi6-dbg, libxmu6-dbg,
 libxmuu1-dbg, libxp6-dbg, libxpm4-dbg, libxrandr2-dbg, libxt6-dbg,
 libxtrap6-dbg, and libxtst6-dbg.  This pseudopackage should not be depended
 upon by any Debian packages; report bugs with the Debian Bug Tracking System
 if you encounter any that do so.

Package: xlibs-dev
Section: oldlibs
 This package smooths upgrades from Debian 3.0 by depending on libice-dev,
 libsm-dev, libx11-dev, libxext-dev, libxi-dev, libxmu-dev, libxmuu-dev,
 libxp-dev, libxpm-dev, libxrandr-dev, libxt-dev, libxtrap-dev, libxtst-dev,
 libxv-dev, pm-dev, x-dev, and xlibs-static-dev.  This pseudopackage is only
 depended upon by packages that haven't yet corrected their dependencies to
 reflect the new library arrangement.

Package: xlibs-pic
Section: oldlibs
 This package smooths upgrades from Debian 3.0 by depending on
 xlibs-static-pic.  This pseudopackage is only depended upon by packages that
 haven't yet corrected their dependencies to reflect the new package name.

Please update the overrides file accordingly.  If I'm mistaken in using
oldlibs/extra for this purpose, please let me know.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |      We either learn from history or,
Debian GNU/Linux                   |      uh, well, something bad will