Re: prefbusid patch for 4.3, builds fine

On Wed, Aug 20, 2003 at 03:36:14PM +0200, Andreas Schuldei wrote:
> here is a patch i use for my multi-user workstation with multiple
> monitors/mice/keyboards. it limits the reset of the pci bus to
> one card with a given busID, if a busID is specified with the
> -prefbusid X:X:X option. if no such option is given, everything
> behaves as allways.
>
> the patch was written by Aivils Stoss <Aivils.Stoss@unibanka.lv>.
> and can be downloaded here:
> http://www.schuldei.org/aivils/xf86-430-prefbusid.diff
>
> i attache the same file with a debian-X patch names. it applies
> cleanly to the X in experimental and builds fine.

Please file this as a wishlist bug against xserver-xfree86.

I do think that this is probably better handled as an XF86Config option,
rather than a command-line option, though.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     Reality is what refuses to go away
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     when I stop believing in it.