Re: Publishing xfree 4.3.99 debs

On Mon, Dec 01, 2003 at 11:27:39PM +0100, Tim Krieglstein wrote:
> Hi Branden
>
> > Anyway, I believe the Imake variable in question is "ForceNormalLib", or
> > something similar to that.
> This was the ticket to get me some running xfree86 4.4 (well 4.3.99-16
> cvs from nov 1.) deb packages built. Is there something i have to pay attention to, when
> i am packaging non-offical packages? If there is no problem, i would
> publish the packages on apt-get.org or so?
> Since i ripped of the experimental packages there are a lot of mail etc
> from the x-stike-force in the package. The changelog makes however clear
> that these are not official packages.

I think it'd be positive if we tracked current upstream CVS (in, say,
branches/current/sid). That way every release we could fork the debian
dir and get the packages without much extra work.

It'd also be much easier to merge patches into upstream, and encourage
developers to do so.

--
Robert Millan

"[..] but the delight and pride of Aule is in the deed of making, and in the
thing made, and neither in possession nor in his own mastery; wherefore he
gives and hoards not, and is free from care, passing ever on to some new work."

 -- J.R.R.T, Ainulindale (Silmarillion)