Re: X Strike Force XFree86 SVN commit: rev 780 - people/branden/xlibs-and-xbase-clients-split/debian

On Thu, 2003-12-04 at 19:00, Branden Robinson wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 04, 2003 at 12:11:23PM +0100, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> > On Thu, 2003-12-04 at 07:59, Branden Robinson wrote:
> > > Why is it *desirable* for libgl1 packages built from DRI CVS to satisfy
> > > this dependency?
> >
> > Because users of those packages would like to build something using
> > libGL sometimes. :)
>
> Do you have a stronger reason than that for me to violate Policy?

> > > Do you know why it is missing?
> >
> > It's outside the scope of the DRI project so was deemed a waste of space
> > and build time there.
>
> Well, I'm tempted to say that this is your problem (or, more precisely,
> the problem of people who want to both use your DRI CVS snapshots and
> build GL-dependent packages).  I really do not want to risk people
> building against unofficial libGL objects.
>
> They should probably learn to use debootstrap and chroot for building.

I wasn't talking about building Debian packages, but never mind. I
didn't really expect cooperation from you, but I had to try...

Software libre enthusiast    |   http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=daenzer