Re: X Strike Force XFree86 SVN commit: rev 780 - people/branden/xlibs-and-xbase-clients-split/debian

On Thu, Dec 04, 2003 at 12:11:23PM +0100, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-12-04 at 07:59, Branden Robinson wrote:
> > Why is it *desirable* for libgl1 packages built from DRI CVS to satisfy
> > this dependency?
>
> Because users of those packages would like to build something using
> libGL sometimes. :)

Do you have a stronger reason than that for me to violate Policy?

> > > And I can't build libgl-dev packages from there either because GLw is
> > > missing
> >
> > Do you know why it is missing?
>
> It's outside the scope of the DRI project so was deemed a waste of space
> and build time there.

Well, I'm tempted to say that this is your problem (or, more precisely,
the problem of people who want to both use your DRI CVS snapshots and
build GL-dependent packages).  I really do not want to risk people
building against unofficial libGL objects.

They should probably learn to use debootstrap and chroot for building.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    Of two competing theories or
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    explanations, all other things