Re: xserver hijacks cpu iff running flightgear

Am Mi, den 19.11.2003 schrieb Michel Dänzer um 01:08:
> On Sun, 2003-11-16 at 16:49, Juergen Lueters wrote:
> > My xserver does hijack the cpu (almost 100 %) when running flightgear
> > (fgfs).
> > The desktop cannot be used any more because there is no response.
> > The mouse can moved around.
> >
> > Setting up a ssh connection to the system is possible.
>
> Does killing fgfs have an effect?
No.
Most of the time the system has to be rebooted.
Meanwhile i have discovered that there is abug report concerning this
issue. Shall i add the matrox problems?

> >  jlueters@sol1~$glxinfo
> > name of display: localhost:10.0
> > Xlib: connection to ":0.0" refused by server
> > Xlib: No protocol specified
> >
> > libGL error: XF86DRIAuthConnection failed
> > display: localhost:10  screen: 0
> > direct rendering: No
>
> This is via ssh, right? Is direct rendering working locally?

Yes
> If so, it's
> probably a graphics chip lockup. You may want to try a newer XFree86
> version.

I have noticed that behaviour just recently.
That confuses me a bit. Some piece of software seems to ignore the
DISPLAY settings.

--
Juergen Lueters <jlueters@intranet-engineering.de>
Intranet Engineering GmbH