Re: xserver hijacks cpu iff running flightgear

On Sun, 2003-11-16 at 16:49, Juergen Lueters wrote:
> My xserver does hijack the cpu (almost 100 %) when running flightgear
> (fgfs).
> The desktop cannot be used any more because there is no response.
> The mouse can moved around.
>
> Setting up a ssh connection to the system is possible.

Does killing fgfs have an effect?

>  jlueters@sol1~$glxinfo
> name of display: localhost:10.0
> Xlib: No protocol specified
>
> libGL error: XF86DRIAuthConnection failed
> display: localhost:10  screen: 0
> direct rendering: No

This is via ssh, right? Is direct rendering working locally? If so, it's
probably a graphics chip lockup. You may want to try a newer XFree86
version.

Software libre enthusiast    |   http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=daenzer