Bug#218630: [PATCH] fix dh_installwm manpages
- To: Colin Watson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: Matthew Wilcox <email@example.com>, Branden Robinson <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com, Joey Hess <firstname.lastname@example.org>, =?iso-8859-1?q?J=E9r=F4me?= Marant <email@example.com>, Julian Gilbey <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com, Eduard Bloch <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com
- Subject: Bug#218630: [PATCH] fix dh_installwm manpages
- From: Matthew Wilcox <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2003 18:31:48 +0000
- Message-id: <20031109183148.GF2014@parcelfarce.linux.theplanet.co.uk>
- Reply-to: Matthew Wilcox <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: <20031109175933.GB9552@riva.ucam.org>
- References: <20031107155515.GA23754@parcelfarce.linux.theplanet.co.uk> <20031108034434.GC20214@deadbeast.net> <20031109174102.GC2014@parcelfarce.linux.theplanet.co.uk> <20031109175933.GB9552@riva.ucam.org>
On Sun, Nov 09, 2003 at 05:59:33PM +0000, Colin Watson wrote:
> > On Fri, Nov 07, 2003 at 10:44:34PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> > > There may actually be a problem with installing alternatives to
> > > manpages.
> No, I shouldn't think so. Something has gone stupid in man's database or
> its handling of that database, I think, which is very likely a bug.
> Indeed, I don't think it should be touching the database at all here.
> Could somebody who can reproduce this bug (not me at the moment) please
> (a) run 'man -d xterm' and (b) run 'accessdb | egrep
> "(xterm|x-terminal-emulator)"'? Thanks.
Certainly. I shall send it to you separately to not burden all these
good people with it.
> This is also bug #204249, which I unfortunately hadn't had time to look
> at until now, so I'm extending the already long Cc: list to include
OK. I shall trim the CC list to eliminate the people whose interest is
in debhelper, not man ;-)
"It's not Hollywood. War is real, war is primarily not about defeat or
victory, it is about death. I've seen thousands and thousands of dead bodies.
Do you think I want to have an academic debate on this subject?" -- Robert Fisk