Re: problems compiling xdm on xf-4_3-branch, and Debian's patches to fix them

Branden Robinson wrote (in a message from Wednesday 24)
 > Hi Matthieu,
 >
 > I experienced build problems in xc/lib/X11 and xc/programs/xdm after
 > resyncing with your recent xdm updates to xf-4_3-branch.
 >
 > Here are the problems I found:
 > * Using LinkSourceFile() with header files appears to not work as
 >   intended.  It will write targets to the Makefile to create a symlink
 >   as it is instructed, but if one is using LinkSourceFile() with both a
 >   .c and .h file, for instance, nothing creates a dependency of the .c
 >   file on the .h file, so the .h target is never invoked.  This causes
 >   the LinkSourceFile()d .c to fail to compile because it cannot locate
 >   its header.
 >
 >   I found this problem in both xc/lib/X11 and xc/programs/xdm.

This is incorrect. At least in the raw XFree86 sources, the
LinkSourceFile() macro includes a 'includes:: src' line, which causes
the link to be created during 'make includes'.

Remember that in imake's world you need to run

	 make includes
	 make depend
	 make

after a make clean.