Re: X Strike Force SVN commit: rev 555 - in branches/4.3.0/sid/debian: . patches

On Mon, 2003-09-22 at 04:11, Warren Turkal wrote:
> Michel Dänzer wrote:
> > So do I about the technical change per se,

In the meantime, David Dawes convinced me that this isn't very useful
for the traditional X libraries because pkg-config support for them
can't be relied upon anyway.

> > my concern is to avoid gratuitous deviation from upstream.
>
> It is not gratuitous...it's one file.

I'm not a native English speaker, but none of the definitions of
gratuitousness I've seen mention quantity. I'll gladly take a pointer to
the real definition though.

> If using pkg-config to locate xlibs becomes more prevalent, hopefully
> upstream will be more friendly toward the change there.

My concern is that this could be considered sneaking it in through the
back door.

That being said, if the majority of the XSF thinks that the pros of this
change outweigh the cons, then that's fine with me, and I'll shut up. :)