Re: XFree86 4.3.0-0pre1v1 aborts on signal 11

On Sun, Sep 21, 2003 at 02:24:33AM -0700, Joshua Kwan wrote:
> In the middle of an uneventful X session where I was simply typing some
> stuff up in vim, it aborts on signal 11 and flings me back into the
> console. As per the crash advice, I've attached the XFree86.0.log,
> although it doesn't seem to show anything useful in my eyes hopefully it
> can help the X Strike Force.
>
> A friend with a nVidia card has also been experiencing this equally
> sporadically. I don't see the correlation so maybe it is not a problem
> with my choice of video card? (radeon X server)

Probably the best thing for you to do is install and switch to the
debugging X server so that a reasonable core dump can be obtained and
used for a backtrace.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     If you have the slightest bit of
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     intellectual integrity you cannot