Re: NOTICE: XSF SVN repository back up

On Tue, Sep 09, 2003 at 10:07:37PM +1000, Daniel Stone wrote:
> Which goes exactly with what I was trying to tell you on IRC (but was dismissed
> by you).

You were "dismissed" because you had nothing to offer except grief and
spite.  You made no effort at all to work with me to solve the problem,
unlike Fabio and Warren, who did.

The repo is working again for all three of us, plus a dummy user I
created for testing purposes.

Your mileage may vary, and if it doesn't I expect you'll conflate your
problems with the previous ones, as you just did.

> Please fix this error, whatever it is, so others can continue committing to the
> repository.

I needed assistance diagnosing it, and testing various solutions
(unfortunately, the ultimate fix proved to be elusive; despite my
efforts to be careful, which were documented on IRC, I was unable to pin
down the exact cause of the problem), which you were unwilling to give,
preferring to vent your spleen instead.

If working conditions with the XSF SVN repo are unacceptable to you, you
have other options.

Speaking for myself, I think the type of assistance that is required for
Debian XFre86 package management goes far beyond the ability to
petulantly bang one's fist against the table and piteously wail "it
doesn't work!".

If you have something more to contribute, I look forward to it.  There
is still much to be done for branches/4.3.0/sid, and I have updated the
TODO file to note that fact.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    Men use thought only to justify
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    their wrong doings, and speech only