Re: [mga] 4.3.0 pre1v1: no DRI

On Sun, Aug 17, 2003 at 12:34:38PM +0200, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> On Sun, 2003-08-17 at 08:03, Daniel Stone wrote:
> > On Sat, Aug 16, 2003 at 10:57:06PM +0200, Tore Anderson wrote:
> > > * Jean-Christophe Dubacq
> > >  > Since I upgraded to 4.3.0-0pre1 (in experimental this morning), coming
> > >  > from ds4, I do not have DRI enabled any more.
> > >
> > >   Try installing the 'xlibmesa-dri' package.
> >
> > Should work OK:
> > (==) MGA(0): Direct rendering enabled
>
> Which means the server and DRM sides are OK. It's a good analysis by
> Tore suspecting that xlibmesa-dri could be missing, preventing OpenGL
> hardware acceleration on the client side. If that's not it, we need to
> see the output of
>
> LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose glxinfo

That was it*. Beyond some incompatibility with some programs (obviously
crack-attack is a badly written program anyway), xlibmesa-dri is not
recommanded by x-window-system or x-window-system-core. It could be.

Thanks,
--
Jean-Christophe Dubacq

* However, crack-attack still doesn't work. It didn't work with 4.3.0-ds4
also, but worked correctly with 4.2.1-9. It segfaults soon after game
starts, number 2 is all garbled, number 1 creates the segfault (there
is a counter 3-2-1 for game start).

The program does not compile with the error:
DrawGarbage.cxx: Dans static member function « static void
Displayer::drawGarbage() »: DrawGarbage.cxx:507: error:
`glActiveTextureARB' undeclared (first use this function)

This may or may not be related to the segfault.