Re: RandR with mga driver

Jean-Christophe Dubacq <jcdubacq1@free.fr> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I decided to test Daniel Stone's packages (4.3.0-0ds4) because I have
> a rotating LCD screen. Everything worked altogether except two things:
[...]
> - Main problem: no rotation available. xrandr (1) works pretty fine
> for resizing (problems are with gnome), but no rotation is possible:

Quoth the XFree86 4.3.0 release notes
<http://xfree86.org/4.3.0/RELNOTES2.html#5>:

    2.3. X Server and Extension Updates

        * Support for the RandR extension has been partially integrated
          into the XFree86 server, providing support for resizing the
          root window at run-time.

The TinyX server in the XFree86 source distribution provides a more
complete RandR implementation, fully supporting resizing, rotation and
reflection, but is intended for proof-of-concept implementation of new
features, not general-purpose desktop use.

--
ilmari