Re: RandR with mga driver

On Sat, Aug 02, 2003 at 05:59:41PM +0200, Jean-Christophe Dubacq wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I decided to test Daniel Stone's packages (4.3.0-0ds4) because I have
> a rotating LCD screen. Everything worked altogether except two things:
>
> - Sawfish (windows manager) didn't recognise the Alt key any more (it
> was called Mod1). I do not know why, and since all other applications do
> fine with it (Xev shows the right state), I think it is a bug in
> sawfish.
>
> - Main problem: no rotation available. xrandr (1) works pretty fine
> for resizing (problems are with gnome), but no rotation is possible:
> xrandr -q:

Well, i a mnot 100% sure, but i think that only the R(esize) part of
RandR made it into 4.3.0, so rotation is not supported upstream. Also,
rotation done in an earlier way by divers drivers got broken also by the
RandR, so i guess you cannot rotate anything with 4.3.0.

BTW, i have a gnome-randr-applet package ready since a long time, but
which couldn't go into unstable because of the missing 4.3.0, i guess i
can upload it to experimental now, err, when the -pre package has gotten
out of the new queue that is.

Anyway, this applet is nice to change size from the gnome panel, and can
be found in the meantime under :

http://people.debian.org/~luther/xfree86/

or the apt-source :

deb http://people.debian.org/~luther/xfree86/ ./

Or something such. x86 only though, so people of other arches would need
to get the source and build their own packages.

Friendly,

Sven Luther