Re: xfree86 on hppa-linux

On Thu, Jul 03, 2003 at 10:07:44AM +0900, ISHIKAWA Mutsumi wrote:
> >> i just found out today from the debian x maintainer that he disabled the
> >> loadable x-server for hppa because of a patch you submitted that
> >> disabled loadable servers for hppa... any particular reason that is
> >> needed? iirc xfree86 worked as-is for hppa...
>
>  Humm? I don't remember I submited that kind of patch.
>  Which patch is it? Would you tell me the pointer about the patch.
>

>  And I have an question, if you know please teach me :-)
>

>  XFree86 dynamic loading is already supported on HPPA architecture?
>
>  If the answer is YES, we should enable hppa dynamic loading support
> on HPPA architecture.I can not found HPPA dynamic loader code under
> xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/loaders/.

It's disabled in patch #003, and I based my #003 off yours - I certainly
didn't add any code like that for hppa/mips{,el}. I guess it comes from
you, then. ;)

--
Daniel Stone                                              <daniel@fooishbar.org>
http://www.kde.org - http://www.debian.org - http://www.xwin.org