Re: i810 3d rendering bug

Daniel Stone wrote:
>On Wed, Jun 18, 2003 at 05:31:07PM -0700, Cardenas wrote:
>> Oh, I also tried the 4.3.0 i810 driver, as Michel Danzer suggested
>> here:
>>
>> http://lists.debian.org/debian-x/2003/debian-x-200301/msg00344.html
>>
>> and the problem still occurs.
>
>I suggest trying new DRM modules - available either as
>xlibmesa4-drm-src
>from my package set,
>xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/os-support/linux/kernel/drm in the
>XFree86 source tree (4.3.0 or higher), or in a 2.5.x kernel.

Daniel! I, and lots of other people here at lindows.com, thank you!

Thanks to this suggestion, I found that our kernel drm source and our
x drm source were totally out of sync! I'm very surprised that our dri
stuff worked at all.

I took the drm source from X 4.2.1, which is what we're using now, and
applied it to our kernel source, and it works like a charm.

From now on, we'll be taking the drm source from X and using that
source when building our kernels, which I'm sure your drm-src package
will facilitate. I wish this was more clearly documented somewhere,
but hopefully people will stumble across this list post.

thanks again, you rock

  cardenas

--
michael cardenas       | GNU/Linux software developer
hyperpoem.net          | lead software engineer, lindows.com

"And just as the functions of the bodily organs of plants and animals
 cannot be arbitrarily altered, so that, for example, one cannot at
 will hear with his eyes and see with his ears, so also one cannot
 at pleasure transform an organ of social oppression into an
 instrument for the liberation of the oppressed. "
- Rudolph Rocker, Anarcho-Syndicalism