Re: 4.3.0 wishlist item

On Thu, Jun 19, 2003 at 11:12:49PM +1000, Daniel Stone wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 19, 2003 at 03:08:44PM +0200, Michel D?nzer wrote:

And they should go in the bufix branch, not the head branch.

> > > The Savage drivers have regular "stable" tarball releases.
> >
> > Still doesn't make them part of the 4.3.0 release, does it? Make
> > separate packages for them then?
>
> Yeah, I might SDK it. OTOH, I might just let Sven do his snapshot SDK
> stuff, and deal. I have a Radeon at home, and a PowerPC GeForce4 and an
> i845G at work, they all work, sooo ... ;)

The advantage of the SDK, is that i can then make CVS head driver
snapshots, but someone else can then also make regular "stable" savage
drivers packages. Or someone at ATI or Nvidia could make closed sources
.debs using said packages.

It would be best if the drivers be split out then, but i suppose even
with a split out drivers package, this could cause problems, until we
split each driver in its own package, as someone (Michel) recomended in
the past. The other way would be for the driver packages to divert the
drivers from the official xserver-xfree86 package.

Friendly,

Sven Luther