Re: backing store not enabled by default?

On Thu, Jun 12, 2003 at 06:33:34PM -0600, Bob Proulx wrote:
> Michel Daenzer wrote:
> > Bob Proulx wrote:
> > > The current train of thought here is to require that X on linux always
> > > runs with backing store.  Which means starting the X server with +bs
> > > or adding 'Option  "backingstore"' to the XF86Config-4 file.
> >
> > You can choose between that or fixing the code.
>
> Did you mean the XFree86 code or our in house code?

The X server's.  According to Keith Packard, "[the] current BS
implementation is not protocol compliant, and is per-window instead of
per-heirarchy."

--
G. Branden Robinson                |
Debian GNU/Linux                   |      Please do not look directly into