Re: X Strike Force SVN commit: rev 172 - in branches/4.3.0/sid/debian: . patches

On Tue, Jun 10, 2003 at 04:58:57PM -0400, Christian T. Steigies wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 10, 2003 at 02:56:45PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
>
> > > afaik 2.4 doesn't boot on all the m68k (ex)vendors... amiga does... mac
> > > does not.. :/
> >
> > That's not what I seem to recall from recent traffic on debian-68k.
>
> But it's true, my Mac does not boot with 2.4.20, and yours probably neither.
> Its just none of the mac users noticed yet. And I have no reports about
> Atari, and the three VMEs. Is it important for XFree86, I mean will 4.3 only
> work with a 2.4 kernel? I heard Ray Knight is trying to get some
> improvements from the powerpc kernel. If somebody can make it work on Macs,
> its Ray...
>
> As for the build-failure, when I built from David's source two weeks ago, it

Who's he? :)

> failed here (cut'n'paste messed up the format a bit):
>
> # Create the xlibmesa-drm-src package.
> [...]
> rm debian/local/xlibmesa-drm-src/modules/xlibmesa-drm/Makefile
> debian/local/xlib
> mesa-drm-src/modules/xlibmesa-drm/Imakefile
> debian/local/xlibmesa-drm-src/modules/xlibmesa-drm/Makefile.kernel
> rm: cannot remove
> `debian/local/xlibmesa-drm-src/modules/xlibmesa-drm/Makefile':
>  No such file or directory

I did fix this in Subversion, and I'll roll a new source to send out to
a few porters tonight.

> Is this before or after your failure? Is it from the same source or did
> Daniel add the fix he suggested for this to the source?

What James was reporting wasn't an error per se, just a factual
incorrectness. I'll get back to you soon, I've just had exams (and still
do - last exam is today), sorry.

--
Daniel Stone 	     <daniel@raging.dropbear.id.au>             <dstone@kde.org>
KDE: Konquering a desktop near you - http://www.kde.org