Re: PEX support

On Mon, May 26, 2003 at 12:11:27PM +0200, Fernando Sancho wrote:
> I need to enable PEX support un XFree, but I am really newbie in debian
> package building.
>
> In an early mail to Branden Robinson (sorry Branden), i have detailed
> the steps followed.
>
> 1) apt-get source xserver-xfree86
> 2) cd xfree86-4.2.1/upstream/archive/
> 3) tar zxvf xfree86-4.2.1.tar.gz
> 4) cd xc/config/cf
> 5) edit X11.tmpl, and say YES in BuildPexExt
> 6) cd ../../../
> 7) tar zcvf xfree86-4.2.1.tar.gz xc/
> 8) cd ../../../
> 9) tar zcvf xfree86_4.2.1.orig.tar.gz xfree86-4.2.1/upstream/
> 10) cd xfree86-4.2.1
> 11) debian/rules binary
>
> with this steps i get all deb's files, but there's no libPEX into xlibs.
>
> Branden tells me that there is another #define named BuildPexLib, but it
> seems to be evaluated since their value is (BuildPexExt &&
> !BuildServersOnly). Since I have nothing to loose i have changed this
> value to YES.
>
> The result is an error when libPEX is to be compilated. The error
> (sorry, i haven't saved it) its about diferences betwen Manifest files.
>
> In another attempt i have enabled XIE support, but the error i get is
> very similar. ?any suggestions?

What that's saying is that files that weren't being installed before,
are being installed now, so action is needed from the packager.

You need to copy debian/MANIFEST.i386.new to debian/MANIFEST.i386, and
add the new files to debian/<packagename>.files (or
debian/<packagename>.files.i386, if debian/<packagename>.files doesn't
exist). Then, run debian/rules binary, and you should get the files you
need. The libraries should go into the 'xlibs' package, while the
headers/etc should go into xlibs-dev.

Good luck!
:) d

--