some font ugliness with XF86 4.3 on woody

Hi,

sorry for causing noise on the list. Yeah I know, Ralf's XFree 4.3 woody
backports are not supported in any way, but maybe someone of you could
give me a hint to solve my Problems.
I testet X 4.3 debs from Ralf, and they seem to run stable. However, I
have some bad fonts when it comes to maple ( a commercial, symbolic math
program) math outputs. They didn't come to daylight when using plain
woody, nor when using unstable plus Daniel's XFree 4.3 debs.
 I've two little screenshots available, maybe someone has an idea, when
looking at them. Can this be a fontconfig issue?

the bad one -
http://homepages.uni-regensburg.de/~guc28561/bad.jpg

the good one -
http://homepages.uni-regensburg.de/~guc28561/good.jpg