Re: ~/.xsession not read

Henning Moll wrote:

On Sunday 16 March 2003 18:03, Matthijs Melchior wrote:
Try following the code with the following hints....:

Thanks for your hints. Now i see what's going wrong:

/etc/kde3/kdm/Xsession is 'started' by kdm with 'kde3' as $1
Then, /etc/X11/Xsession is sourced, which sources /etc/X11/Xsession.d/20xfree86-common_process-args. This file set $STARTUP to `which kde3`. Therefore, STARTUP is no longer set to ~/.xsession

is this the normal behaviour? If yes, where to put commands which should be executed on every startup of X?

Regards
Henning
I am not running kde, I am running Gnome....

I think this is correct behaviour, systems like Kde and Gnome have their
own session manager to start anything you want....
[/usr/bin/gnome-session uses ~/.gnomerc for customizations and logs
everything in ~/.gnome-errors. Expect kde to have similar setup]

--
Regards,