Re: unaccounted for X files

So these files are created when installing the package, but the package
system doesn't know about them? And when the package is removed, these files
won't be removed? I would have thought that every file created with Debian
tools (dpkg, debconf, etc.) would be accounted for.

Is it not true that these should be accounted for?

Frank