Re: X and SDL

On Fri, Feb 28, 2003 at 11:11:25PM +0100, J?r?me Marant wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to package sdl-ttf 2 and I wonder if I need to
> port the changes Branden made last year to sdl-ttf1.2.
>
> I browsed the libsdl1.2debian changelog and noticed that
> upstream must have fixed the problem:
>
> libsdl1.2 (1.2.3+cvs20020303-1) unstable; urgency=low
>     - The SDL and X Extension Library mess has been provided with a better
>       fix upstream.  (Closes: #128827, #122754)
>       [ This has since been confirmed to _not_ need package recompiles! ]
>
> This would mean I don't need to port changes.
>
> Could someone please confirm?

Well, I heard that SDL was actually including the source code to the
XFree86 static extension libraries in its own source tree, but changing
the symbol names.

If they did that, then yes, that's a fix.  Though Keith Packard would
say it's not a "better" one.  :)

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    Men use thought only to justify
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    their wrong doings, and speech only