Re: xlibmesa naming and relationships

On Fri, Feb 07, 2003 at 11:37:04PM -0500, Branden Robinson scrawled:
> On Sat, Feb 08, 2003 at 11:17:06AM +1100, Daniel Stone wrote:
> > On Sat, Feb 08, 2003 at 01:04:18AM +0100, Michel D?nzer scrawled:
> > > Duh, gcc obviously needs _its own_ version in the package name. I was
> > > talking about xserver3.2-xfree86 (built with gcc 3.2), xlibs2.3.1 (built
> > > against glibc 2.3.1), ... because those version numbers are about as
> > > relevant to those packages as the Mesa version number is to xlibmesa.
> >
> > I agree entirely with Branden: if the changes are irrelevant, why does
> > upstream keep bumping the *major* revision number?
>
> Er, I did not assert that Mesa had no business bumping their major
> version number.

Man, you missed a rhetorical question. You must be really tired.

I wasn't inferring that you thought that Mesa had no business bumping
their major version number. Also, that colon should've been a
semi-colon, inferring that I was agreeing with you, and suggesting that
Mesa probably bumped their major revision number for a reason.

Have another drink. :)

Daniel Stone                                     <dstone@trinity.unimelb.edu.au>
Developer, Trinity College, University of Melbourne