Re: xlibmesa naming and relationships

On Sat, Feb 08, 2003 at 01:04:18AM +0100, Michel D?nzer scrawled:
> Duh, gcc obviously needs _its own_ version in the package name. I was
> talking about xserver3.2-xfree86 (built with gcc 3.2), xlibs2.3.1 (built
> against glibc 2.3.1), ... because those version numbers are about as
> relevant to those packages as the Mesa version number is to xlibmesa.

I agree entirely with Branden: if the changes are irrelevant, why does
upstream keep bumping the *major* revision number?

--
Daniel Stone                                     <dstone@trinity.unimelb.edu.au>
Developer, Trinity College, University of Melbourne