Re: Font loading extremely slow with the UTF-8 locale

#include <hallo.h>
* Branden Robinson [Tue, Jan 21 2003, 01:27:13PM]:

> I don't know why you expect help from this list after exhibiting the
> attitude you did in Message-ID: <[🔎] 20030119123015.GA5750@zombie.inka.de>.

What is your problem with my attitude? As said before, my Priority are
Our Users and Free Software, see Social Contract. Not personal warfares,
no faulty decissions ruled by semi-technical (but personal) problems.

> I suggest you take your query upstream.  Or maybe Lindows or Knoppix has
> solved this problem, by not having any UTF-8 fonts on the system.  After
> all, ISO-8859-1 is the only encoding that really matters, just as i386
> is the only architecture that really matters.

You still fail to see the point. If you keep a recent upstream version
back, you do NOT cure the problems of other ports but actually damage
the hardware support on mainstream architectures and so harm Debian's
reputation.

And, please, next time when you make a bad comparison, find an example
that is less ridiculous. Knoppix has UTF-8 fonts, and there are much
more non-latin1 using people than Americans may think.

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
Es ist sch�ner, eine sch�ne Gegend zu betrachten als zu betreten.
		-- Jean Paul