Re: Problem with Debian

#include <hallo.h>
* Daniel Stone [Mon, Jan 20 2003, 07:42:02AM]:

> > They do not ship with an old piece of shit as X (Version 4.1, not
> > supporting any modern video card) while our X maintainer prefered to do
> > so.
>
> I didn't see *YOU* volunteering to fix PCI domains on SPARC, or even
> doing any packaging at all, let alone hacking. I suggest you refrain
> from such preppy, pithy, moronic snipes in future before you do your
> homework, unless you truly believe that i386 is the most important

It is.

> architecture in Debian and that nothing else matters. If you support X
> refusing to work at all on SPARC in a release, speak up! Otherwise (and
> this is the most preferable option), shut up.

If you cannot provide XFree for a certain architecture, but an ancient
version, find a way to detach the development trees. For boot-floppies,
we choose the kernel version that works best for certain architecture.
For most people, X is as important as the kernel, so I fail to see how I
you can really think that a KEEP-ALL-VERSIONS-EQUAL dogma is better
for our users than working productive environment.

Oh, I see you calling me a damn moron again, but it's easier than
accepting the truth.  Synchronisation problems inside of Debian will
became worse, the number of supported hardware will grow too, so you
won't be able to keep your eyes closed.

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
Hi! Ich bin der beruechtigte .signature-Virus. Mach mit und kopier
mich in deine .signature!