Re: Possible bug in handling of .Xresources?

On Thu, Jan 09, 2003 at 11:08:29AM +0100, J?r?me Marant wrote:
> [Please CC me on reply]
>
> Hi,
>
>   I do have a .Xresources file in my home directory
>   (with permissions 0644).
>   I always launch Xfree through 'startx' and it seems that
>   my .Xresources is never taken into account, although it
>   should (according to the /etc/X11/Xsession{,.d/*} files.
>
>   I noticed that when I create a .Xdefaults link to
>   .Xresources, my X resources are properly loaded.
>
>   Is it a bug or did I missed something for any documentation?

I can't reproduce this.  My .Xresources file is respected just fine.

-rw-r--r--    1 branden  branden       863 Nov 13  2001 /home/branden/.Xresources

Attached.  Make sure you're using proper X resource syntax.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |
Debian GNU/Linux                   |      If encryption is outlawed, only

XClipboard*Form*Text*font:	fixed

XConsole.verbose:	true
XConsole*iconic:	false
XConsole*geometry:	1272x89+0-58
XConsole*saveLines:	1000
XConsole*font:		6x10

XTerm*autoWrap:		true
XTerm*curses:		true
XTerm*loginShell:	true
XTerm*reverseWrap:	true
XTerm*scrollBar:	true
XTerm*saveLines:	5000
XTerm*scrollTtyOutput:	false
XTerm*trimSelection:	true
XTerm*visualBell:	true
XTerm*activeIcon:	true
XTerm.VT100.background:	gray30
XTerm.VT100.foreground:	gray90
XTerm.VT100.geometry:	200x55-0+20
XTerm.VT100.color4: DodgerBlue1
XTerm.VT100.color8: gray50
XTerm.VT100.color12: SteelBlue1
!XTerm.VT100.scrollbar.background: white
!XTerm.VT100.scrollbar.foreground: blue

XCalc*IconName:		xcalc

XLock.star.delay: 20000
XLock.star.batchcount: 100