Possible bug in handling of .Xresources?

[Please CC me on reply]

Hi,

  I do have a .Xresources file in my home directory
  (with permissions 0644).
  I always launch Xfree through 'startx' and it seems that
  my .Xresources is never taken into account, although it
  should (according to the /etc/X11/Xsession{,.d/*} files.

  I noticed that when I create a .Xdefaults link to
  .Xresources, my X resources are properly loaded.

  Is it a bug or did I missed something for any documentation?

  Thanks in advance.

  Cheers,

--
Jérôme Marant <jerome@marant.org>