Radeon xvideo bug

I've experienced the following problem since I first installed my Radeon
VE card under XFree86 4.X. The bug affects the playback of any video
using the xvideo extension.

When I play any video using any video player (e.g. xine, mplayer or vlc)
and try to minimize the application, a freeze frame of the video appears
and blocks the part of the screen where the video was running. If the
video is running full screen the entire screen is blocked by the frozen
frame. This doesn't occur if I use another video output method, as
when running "xine-V xshm movie.avi" or "mplayer -vo x11 movie.mpg".

Does anybody have a solution for this? Or is this a known bug?