xfree 4.2: bug report !

Package: xserver-xfree86 Version: 4.2 Severity: serious Using my
video board with woody 3.0r0 y had to install an unoffical (althought
originating from branden) 4.2 version of package since it does not
work with the shipped 4.1. When installing with dpkg it complain
about outdated libc6 , i say --force-depends and then it install, and
works. nearly. BUG: the XFConfig86-4 is changed with a new one
every time I reinstall, giving a wrong mouse configuration, rather
than asking if it have to keep current one !

Leonardo Boselli
nucleo informatico e telematico
Dipartimento Ingegneria Civile
Universita` di Firenze