Re: Silicon Motion HEAD in 4.2.1 src

On Tue, 17 Sep 2002, Branden Robinson wrote:

> > BUT now Xfree86 crashes when I try to watch a movie with MPlayer or aviplay
> > when they try to use the XV-Extension.
>
> Heh, sounds like you've found an upstream bug.  Welcome to CVS HEAD.  :)

The siliconmotion driver has been lacking XVideo support since the
first 4.2.* prerelease debs, while the xpert list only talks of 'getting
rid of the wait for retrace'
(http://www.xfree86.org/pipermail/xpert/2002-April/016661.html) in 4.2.

http://www.xfree86.org/pipermail/xpert/2002-April/016573.html als talks
about the problem a bit.

There's also a bug in the siliconmotion driver in "current" XFree86
4.2.1-pre debs: sometimes when the X server exits/gets killed/switches
back to text mode I get a screen full of garbage and a hanging machine.

Martijn
--
Write a wise saying and your name will live forever
  - Anonymous