Silicon Motion HEAD in 4.2.1 src

Hi,

due to the lacking XVideo Extension support in Xfree4.2.1 for the Silicon
Motion Lynx 3DM driver, I tried to compile Branden's latest source Packages
with the newest siliconmotion drivers from the Xfree cvs Head sources.
(I copied the *.h and *.c from the cvs into the buildtree. after I did
debian/rules/checksource ) the I made a "make World".

Since I fragged my xfree configuration last time as I made a make install I
replaced the siliconmotion_drv.o from the 4.2.1pre1 package.
After that I finally got a successfully xvinfo output:

X-Video Extension version 2.2
screen #0
  Adaptor #0: "Silicon Motion Lynx Series Video Engine"
    number of ports: 1
    port base: 55
    operations supported: PutVideo PutImage
    supported visuals:
      depth 16, visualID 0x23
      depth 16, visualID 0x24
.
.
.
ncoding ID #17: "secam-svideo-1"
        size: 7040 x 576
        rate: 0.020000
bofore that I got a message that
"no adapters present".

BUT now Xfree86 crashes when I try to watch a movie with MPlayer or aviplay
when they try to use the XV-Extension.

May a complete install of my own compiled Xfree86 sources help ?
What is the "right" way to install Brandens sources ? (debian/rules build ??
but that will build a static debug version of xfree...)

Please help me.... ;-),

Roman Himmes