matlab over ssh (x11 forwarding)

I've been attempting to get matlab working over SSH for the last week or
so, on and off, and I finally got it today.  I know this will probably
result in a "Go complain to nVidia", but I'll let you know about it
anyway.

I've been in my dorm room, connecting to and.engin.umich.edu in an
attempt to use matlab.  Other X11 programs worked fine (xmaple and gaim,
for example), but matlab would hang after popping up with the flash
screen.  Today I reverted back to the "nv" driver (from "nvidia") and
found that everything worked fine.  Should I file a bug or just go tell
nvidia?

--Greg

I'm using Branden's 4.2.1-0pre1v1 debs, BTW, but not the XFree86-debug
server.