Re: have i to uncomment module xtt ?

>> FreeType module?  Anti-aliased fonts?

There is no relationship whatsoever between the FreeType module and
AA.  AA is done for client-side fonts by Keith's Xft library.  Xft
doesn't require the FreeType module.

(It is true that older versions of the Freetype module did implement a
hackish form of AA.  This support has never been completed, it was
never documented, and has been deleted months ago at any rate.)

On a side note, there's no relationship between X-Tt and East-Asian
encodings.  East-Asian encodings are perfectly well supported by the
FreeType module.  It is true, however, that the TTCap hack supported
by X-TT and not by FreeType happens to be very popular in East-Asian
locales for reasons that are best understood from a Marxist viewpoint.

>>> /me yet again wonders why he bothers to write documentation that
>>> no one reads.

All of this is described, of course, in great detail in the XFree86
fonts documentation (README.fonts).

                                        Juliusz