Re: have i to uncomment module xtt ?

On Sun, Sep 08, 2002 at 03:39:22PM +0200, j@nul wrote:
> On Sun, 8 Sep 2002, Mike A. Harris wrote:
> > On Sun, 8 Sep 2002, j@nul wrote:
> > >Hello,
> > >i can't to start X when X load modules xtt and freetype.
> >
> > You can only use either freetype or xtt, but not both.
> >
> > Comment one of them out in your config file, and it should work
> > correctly.
> >
> thanks for your answer
> it's working

*sigh*

 The bitmap, freetype, speedo, type1, and xtt modules are all font
 rasterizers.  The freetype and xtt modules should not be enabled at the same
 time, as they are incompatible.  The freetype module should be used for
 Western languages and anti-aliased font support; the xtt module should be
 used for East Asian character set support (specifically, for CID-keyed
 fonts).

/me yet again wonders why he bothers to write documentation that no one reads.
:(

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     Organized religion is a sham and a
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     crutch for weak-minded people who