Re: Default X background.

On Sun, Apr 28, 2002 at 10:22:31PM +0100, Pedro Corte-Real wrote:
> X uses by default (and tradition I supose) that grey/white pattern for
> it's background. A pattern that always shows Moire artifacts on CRT
> displays. Is there a way to change this to complete black for example?
> If so couldn't this be the default? I know I can run "xsetroot" or
> equivalent and change it afterwards but It'd rather not have to see the
> thing at all.

In a word, no.  This recently came up on the Xpert list, so may want to
review its list archives.  The default root window weave is hard-coded
into a very old part of the X server source.  People can and have
changed it, but it's not exactly a configurable option.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    Somewhere, there is a .sig so funny
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    that reading it will cause an