Default X background.

X uses by default (and tradition I supose) that grey/white pattern for
it's background. A pattern that always shows Moire artifacts on CRT
displays. Is there a way to change this to complete black for example?
If so couldn't this be the default? I know I can run "xsetroot" or
equivalent and change it afterwards but It'd rather not have to see the
thing at all.

It's a minor issue, sorry for taking your time.

Pedro Corte-Real.