semi working 4.2.0 debs

I have a set of semi working 4.2.0 debs

what do I mean by semi working?

none of Branden's patches are applied

no lib*.a is built (dont even think about compiling apps against the
.so's), only reason I have -devs is to make upgrade easy,

some files Branden has X patched to go in certain places (i.e. no bins
in /etc) I didnt do that.

this is basically a drop 4.2.0 tarball into upstream dir of Branden's
build system, let it build multiple times fixing problems until all debs
are made, still multiple issues

kde3 (debs from somewhere forget where) seems to work perfectly, I'm not
a big KDE user so didnt test it hard.

you need to make a manual link from /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/XftConfig to
/etc/X11/XftConfig

gnome (with and without gdkxft) seems to works fine, but in taskbar
every application comes up as ???