Proper way to fix SiS drm problem

I know there's a note in the changelog for xfree86 4.1.0-15. But what's
the proper way to fix the SiS drm problem that crops us when I build the
source package. Is there a debian/rules option I can turn off or on to
disable the compilation of that pesky module? (If not, this would be a
nice feature to add to the source: a choice to compile, kernel config
style, only the modules I want.)

Or do I have to recompile the kernel? I'm using a custom-built kernel
using source from kernel.org, but debianized by make-kpkg. Which kernel
options do I turn on (or off)?

> egrep -i "SIS|drm" /boot/config-2.4.18-k7r1.0
# CONFIG_BLK_DEV_SIS5513 is not set
# CONFIG_DRM is not set
# CONFIG_FB_SIS is not set