Re: Possible binary problem in current X release

Michel Dänzer schrieb:

On Fre, 2002-12-20 at 08:40, Raffaele Sandrini wrote:
I think i found a binary error in the current X4.2 Debain distri:

I get a symbol missmatch when i use the "s3" driver. Before Debian released
X4.2 debs i used the precompiled native XFree86 4.2 version. I had n

problems with that one (also with the s3 driver).

The server seems to work though? Unresolved symbols usually aren't a
problem.

No, the server does NOT run. It terminates with this error.

Please check if this is an error on my side cause i need that driver and i
don't want to use the brute-force method (copying the native X Version over
the Debian one) again.

You never have to do that, you can always put an alternative
installation in /usr/local and set ModulePath etc. accordingly.

Of course I can do that but i don't want to. Why are there debian packs if i schould use native ones?

cheers,
Raffaele