Re: Processed: round and round we go

[Anthony, are you subscribed to debian-x?  I thought for sure you
weren't.]

On Sun, Nov 03, 2002 at 09:10:13AM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> I'd marked that bug as applying to the version in testing way back before
> woody was released. So either "no" or "it was already special cased".

Oh ah.  Is that marking visible in any publicly-readable file?

> Because it's helpful to have the fact that there're RC bugs in the
> unstable version coveniently available, whether they affect the move into
> testing or not.

Okay.  I agree that the information is useful, but it's less clear that
the message in question won't "hold up" a package's progress into
testing.

> You downgraded that bug on the 27th, at which point xfree86 would've been
> uploaded for about eight days -- so it would've been "too young" to be a
> valid candidate.

I had the impression -- perhaps mistaken -- that "valid candidate"
wouldn't have shown up anyway.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     Q: How does a Unix guru have sex?
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     A: unzip;strip;touch;finger;mount;