Re: Running 2 X font servers

> > What is the correct way to solve the situation?
>
> Use xfs-xtt or xfstt for the second server?

Hmm...
How stable are those font servers?

Font server stop or crash is very bad because not all X servers survive
after disconnect from font server - they often hang or crash. Users don't
like this for some reason - it's strange but it is a fact :-).
Currently I run xfs from woody package while rest X packages are from sid.
Sid's xfs (from XFree 4.2.1) crashed twice for me. (But I can't reproduce
the crash reliably, so bug report on this will be useless).

Can those font servers provide both pcf and tt fonts?

When I will have to reboot the server next time, I will try the same
/etc/init.d/xfs as in my previous mail, but with "sleep 2" inserted after
starting first xfs. Maybe it will work. Can't test now because can't stop
running server.

If this will not help, maybe I will try other font servers...

But it seems that the best way is to fix xfs to accept command line
argument for pid file path. I guess that is pid file conflict will be
resolved, 2 xfs processes can be started just with 2 start-stop-daemon
calls.