Re: apt-build and xfree86

On Mon, 2002-10-21 at 19:06, Branden Robinson wrote:
> apt-get's output looks pretty suboptimal.
>
> Check the xfree86 source package's build dependencies by hand.
>
> I think you'll find that they can, in fact, all be satisfied on a Linux
> box.

You are correct, but apt-get build-dep doesn't know this.  I have since
been educated as to the source of this problem.  It is in fact a bug in
apt-get build-dep that doesn't handle OR's very well.  Bugs  98640
126938 131265 and 145997 are manifestations of this bug.  Not even going
in and satisfying the build-deps by hand lets apt-build build the
package.  Sorry for the static.

-Scott Henson