DGA, ATI Radeon 7500, vmware, Xinerama (dual head)

I've run into an annoyance with vmware, and I'm trying to track down
more information before I start bugging the vmware guys.

I normally run in a dual-head config running each monitor 1600x1200
(so 3200x1200 combined).  For the most part this works well, but there
are issues everyonce in a while.

When starting a vmware machine, I get the Warning:

"
No DGA mode found compatible with 3200x1200, depth 24, bpp 32
XFree86 direct graphics (DGA extention) power on failed
Full-screen SVGA will not be available.
"

I can run the dga test program, but it only modifies the first
screen.

rschomak@rschomaker2:~$ sudo dga
Password:
1 addr:0x40204000, width 1600, bank size 33554432, depth 24 planes
KeyRelease[36]:
KeyPress [38]: a
KeyRelease[38]: a
KeyPress [24]: q
EXITTING
back now in X
Thats all folks

So, I assume that dga is supported but only on the first display at
1600x1200.

Can I get confirmation on this so I can start complaining to the
vmware folks?

--
-rupa