Re: X 4.2.1 pre1v2 & r128 - still no Xv at 1400x1050

On Mon, 2002-09-30 at 19:52, Xavier Bestel wrote:
> Here it is. This patch (the brain is Michel Dänzer, I was just an
> idea-to-patch translator) resolves the "Xv not working at some
> resolutions" for me. It seems it works very well.

Great, thanks.

[...]

> -   new_linear = xf86AllocateOffscreenLinear(pScreen, size, 16,
> +   new_linear = xf86AllocateOffscreenLinear(pScreen, size, 8,
>  						NULL, NULL, NULL);

Hmm, actually, I think 0 should be passed. I suspect the driver is
trying to achieve an alignment for the start of the linear region, but
that parameter isn't for that.

If an alignment to say 16 bytes is really needed, the driver should
instead add 15 to the requested size and then use

(linear->offset + 15) % 16

for the offset.