Re: matlab over ssh (x11 forwarding)

On Wed, Sep 11, 2002 at 06:16:30PM -0400, Greg Fischer wrote:
> I've been in my dorm room, connecting to and.engin.umich.edu in an
> attempt to use matlab.  Other X11 programs worked fine (xmaple and gaim,
> for example), but matlab would hang after popping up with the flash
> screen.  Today I reverted back to the "nv" driver (from "nvidia") and
> found that everything worked fine.  Should I file a bug or just go tell
> nvidia?

Heh, sorry, but when swapping out drivers like this solves the problem,
I'm really not sure there is much you can do *but* go yell at NVidia. :)

Not that I think they will care.  People trying to get real work done
(Matlab) aren't their target market (gamers).

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    Kissing girls is a goodness.  It is
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    a growing closer.  It beats the