Re: X 4.2 pre1v4 + Xinerama + Gatos
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: X 4.2 pre1v4 + Xinerama + Gatos
- From: Xavier Bestel <email@example.com>
- Date: 04 Sep 2002 16:32:01 +0200
- Message-id: <1031149921.1199.3.camel@bip>
- In-reply-to: <1031142876.1046.14.camel@bip>
- References: <1031142876.1046.14.camel@bip>
Le mer 04/09/2002 à 14:34, Xavier Bestel a écrit :
> I have a Xinerama setup with a TNT and a R128 (ATI All-in-Wonder Pro) on
> an SMP system (intel).
> Of course, I have to disable the font server to make it work (I found
> that and reported it on Xpert a while ago).
> This setup works well with X 4.1 + Gatos drivers, but not with the pre
> 4.2 debs. If I use the Gatos drivers, Xv and tuner work (on the r128),
> but X hangs the whole machine very often (often when using Xv or tuner
> or galeon), and if I only use the pure debs, it doesn't hang but neither
> Xv nor the tuner are accessible.
I retract the last statement: finally I had a hang with pure 4.2 pre1v4
debs (although I had to wait for some hours before it happened).
Anything I could do to help ?